Friday, June 26, 2009

Buds of Beauty in the Battle

For the past four months, our staff at Safe Harbor has been engrossed in a life and death battle for the lives of the women God has brought to us for healing and restoration. I never dreamed the spiritual warfare could be so heavy. Women come to us from the streets and lifestyles filled with abuse and pain beyond belief. Our enemy, Satan, does not give up without a fight, and we have been constantly reminded of that in obvious ways, and subtle.

This past week was a milestone. We were able to celebrate with one of our ladies as she graduated from Phase I to Phase II of our intense year-long program. It was the first party of her life, at 41 years of age. Her struggle has been great, but we are already seeing the buds of beauty and healing on the vine in her life. She writes:

“I thank God for this program. Without it I know I would be dead internally and externally.”

There are many more milestones to come for her, and for us. But we are encouraged with her success, and by God’s Word that says:

28 You light a lamp for me.
The LORD, my God, lights up my darkness.
29 In your strength I can crush an army;
with my God I can scale any wall.
30 God’s way is perfect.
All the LORD’s promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
Ps. 18: 28-30. (NLT)

No comments: